Friday, February 9, 2007

Week 12

Isabella is now 12 weeks old and she is doing so well. In the early days she was a very colicky baby and we were forever working with her to get her as comfortable as possible. About week 8 the screaming in pain started to fade away and we were able to finally put her into a routine by week 9. By week 10 she was skipping her 2am feed, so I get to sleep a bit more.

She is so advanced for her age, already she is rolling from back to stomach, she can now support and control her neck and I am in the process of teaching her how to grasp her toys and release them.

Two books that I reccommend are 'The Baby Whisperer' by Tracey Hogg and "Bright Start" by Dr Richard C. Woolfson. TBW explains about food, sleep and routine (I found this book a must have) and BS helps you to understand and stimulate their development from birth through to 5 years (very thorough) and now I am able to play with Isabella where she is also able to learn.

I must admit country life is slow at times (too laid back for me), I miss my cafe's and shops but it has an absolutely beautiful beach down in Bargara so I am really happy about that. Looking forward to coming down next weekend to Brisbane for my brothers engagement party.

1 comment:

buttons & lace said...

awww she is a doll - welcome to blog spot gorgeous. I have marked you in my favs - bon xxx